City Hall has recently been refurbished and is the largest conference venue in Monrovia. It is situated on the Tubman Boulevard in close proximity to government buildings such as the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. It has a 800 seater conference plenary room, a break out room and a function room for dinners and lunches.Monrovia
Monrovia is Liberia’s capital city and is located on the Atlantic Coast at Cape Mesurado and is part of Montserrado County. The metropolitan area, with a population of 1,010,970 in the Greater Monrovia District contains 29% of Liberia’s inhabitants.
The area was already inhabited when it was named Cape Mesurado by Portuguese sailors in the 1560s. With the aim of establishing a self-sufficient colony for emancipated American survivors of slavery, something that had already been accomplished in Freetown, the first settlers from the United States under the auspices of the American Colonization Society arrived in Africa in 1821. They landed at Sherbro Island in present-day Sierra Leone. In 1822, a second ship took the settlers to Cape Mesurado, establishing the settlement of Christopolis. In 1824, the city was renamed to Monrovia after James Monroe, then President of the United States.